Pages

  •  photo homebutton.png
  •  photo aboutmeeeebutton.png
  •  photo faqsbutton.png

Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Summer for the books.

Let's start with this, obviously, I'm going to have to explain and give the reasons to my absence and failure to update this blog. And answer the question "Where have you been?"
It's currently the 9th of June, a day before school starts and obviously  it's the last day of my summer vacation. What have I been doing this whole summer? I don't think that there are enough words for me to sum them up but lets just say that my summer has been really BUSY. But most importantly, this summer has  been tremendously, gigantically fun.





The whole summer I've been having Ballet, voice and piano lessons. And of course, Repertory workshop. How do I even begin to explain repertory? Well, I was enrolled in it a few years back and it's only this year I've come back. I've met so many amazing people, seriously, I have so much love for my repertory classmates. We all have this weird separation anxiety .

We did a musical called "The Secret Garden" which by the way is based on the book by Frances Hodgson Burnett. And I was actually really quite happy that we did a melodramatic play as opposed to usual happy boppy musicals we usually do. So for those of you who don't know anything about it, google it.

I played the character "Colin Craven" Aka the spoiled rich bratty sick crippled little BOY. Yes, boy. I enjoyed being him, I really did. If you have watched the 1993 movie you'll get what I mean. I got to throw two tantrums and scream at people. Plus, I get to be in a wheelchair. What I found funny though, is that out of everyone in my class, I'm the one who got to play a different-gender character. 


What else? I also went to Korea. That was fun, I got to go to Lotte World and Everland, Korea is beautiful, it really is. I wouldn't mind coming back, even if things didn't go exactly as planned. And everyone there has bangs...like me.
I also got to watch Jason Mraz live in Manila, with the super awesome, talented, Bianca Doria. Jason is just unbelievably talented.

"Get out! Who are you? Are you a ghost?"

Mary soothes Colin as he tells her about a "Round-Shouldered Man."

Mrs. Medlock and Dr. Craven come in and takes Mary away from Colin's room.



Now back to the secret garden play. The play went really well, it was on the 27th of May in greenbelt. I actually had a quick change, which was really hard. I had to wear a wig as well, and several people I knew couldn't recognize me. I was also really nervous before the show. I'm really proud of my castmates, they did so well. Our set was really simple but I liked it. I'm going to miss being Colin so much.

Colin throws another tantrum after Mary doesn't come at the expected time. 




I'm going to miss my repertory classmates so much, they're all so unbelievably talented its crazy. I've never been able to relate to so much people in one class in my life, fandom-wise. They made my summer, this was one of the best. One for the books if you ask me.
So dear repertory classmates, I love you all and I'm gonna miss you guys.

Lily, Colin's mother, through a dream-like duet convinces him to go to her garden.

"Stay there in the Garden, where love grows free and wild."

Colin, in the garden makes Mary, Martha, Dickon and Ben swear not to say a word to his father about him.

"I'm well!" Colin stands up, and proves that he isn't crippled. 


Lastly, I promise that I will update more often, seeing as after my ballet recital and show, I really had nothing to do anymore, I'm posting a new playlist next week, so look out for that. Sam the unicorn signing off.

Colin goes to the his mother's garden in it's full bloom and beauty.

"Father! Look at me! I'm well!"

"...and this my lovely child," Archibald (Colin's Father) turns to Mary, "...is your garden."



P.S. My Colin pictures are really weird so back off. Plus, I wrote this on my iPad so sorry for the weird looking font.

No comments:

Post a Comment